ShareRing 2023 Review - Riding The Bear and Readying The Bull
Wow, what a year it’s been, I can’t believe 2024 is only a few days away.
At the start of 2023, we outlined a number of goals that we wanted to hit as a company. The majority were focused around our product development, certification, and bringing in new clients. We smashed most of the goals, and missed a couple of others, but we’ve set ourselves up for what will be a great year ahead.
Firstly, let’s go through some of the key accomplishments that we achieved in 2023. Whilst this list is long, it is only a very small subset of our highlights from 2023.
- In the start of 2023, we announced the establishment of a new company division, ShareRing Business Solutions, along with our blockchain division, ShareRing Foundation. By creating this functional separation, it allowed us to focus our efforts and messaging to the right audience. This has been particularly successful as we engage with more and more businesses and builders in the ShareRing digital identity ecosystem.
- Released a new app for ShareRing Business Solutions - Identifi Me.
- Developed a credibility system for digital identities created through our launch of Identifi Me.
- Updated ShareLedger with a reward system for smart contract developers
- Added CosmWasm to ShareLedger for smart contract writing capabilities. This has opened up the ability for us to create verifiable credential tokens, native NFT’s, soulbound tokens, as well as allow builders to start writing their own identity based Web3 solutions in 2024 and beyond.
- Released Vault Query Language (VQL) as a public beta. We had hundreds of new queries that were created through this program, which will move to a software as a service solution in Jan 2024.
- Launched Verifiable Credential Tokens as a blockchain based mechanism to ensure the provenance and tamperproof nature of our digital identity solution.
- Launched Soulbound tokens on ShareLedger to allow users to verify some aspects of their identity in a pure Web3 environment, whilst maintaining true anonymity.
- Added Vault and NFC reading support for the Barbados National ID, Trident Card.
- Added NFC reading for ePassports as well as some other national ID cards from Vietnam and a few other countries.
- Created deep dive documentation for ShareLedger, VQL and our API’s at https://docs.shareri.ng
- Formed a tech integration partnership with Innovative Ideas Caribbean - we have a number of active engagements with them that are expected to bear fruit in early 2024.
- Invited to speak at a panel about digital identities and hackers, Block Unlock 2023.
- Achieved ISO 27001 certification.
- Formed a technology development partnership with Japanese company, Organic Mobility.
- Onboarded first live client with over 1000 new users, Profit4Life.
- Worked with the Tencent team to improve the face liveness matching system to be faster and more accurate.
- Certified as a government-accredited digital identity service provider under the United Kingdom Digital Identity and Attributes Trust Framework (DIATF).
Peeking into the future, we've also established client relations for 2024 with the following organisations:
- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX - White labeling of Identifi Me for enterprise digital identities
- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX - Investor digital identity + KYC/AML pre-screening
- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX - Not for profit - volunteer digital identity + operations digital transformation + blockchain auditing
- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX - Digital identity for travel visas
- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX - Digital identity for supply chain and payments
- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX - Accredited Investor digital identity + KYC/AML pre-screening
- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX - Major PoC for Enterprise and Consumer Digital Identities
OK, so we can’t name these yet, but you will start to see some names in early 2024, as well as a number of other ones that we’re focused on bringing onto the ShareRing ecosystem.
All of us at ShareRing are grateful for the support of our community, customers and partners. We look forward to continuing to innovate and also bring on more users and clients throughout what is gearing up to be an amazing 2024 for ShareRing and also the blockchain industry as a whole.
Stay tuned for our 2024 roadmap that we will release in Q1 2024. Our primary focus for 2024 is around increasing our user numbers, transactions, partners, as well as paying clients. As you can see, we’ve got just about everything in place to help ensure the long term success of our mission to remove friction from everyday interactions, while allowing our users to maintain the highest level of security, trust, ownership and control of their personal information.
We will also be announcing some great incentives and rewards for our token holders and those of you who have been staking $SHR. We will be doing some wallet snapshots soon, so stay tuned. (Be on the lookout for the 📸 emoji across our socials)
See you in 2024!