Technology Update - Sprint 44, 45 & 46
Welcome to the 3rd of the new tech updates.
This one was delayed by 1 sprint to allow for the publication of our ShareRing Foundation roadmap, our ShareRing Business Solutions launch, as well as the new app updates and release of the new Identifi Me app.
It’s been a BIG few weeks for the ShareRing team as we smash through multiple milestones.
Here’s what we achieved in Sprints 44,45 & 46. There was a huge focus on releasing Identifi Me as well as improving the flow of the Vault Query Language, as well as updating the layout and user experience of the ShareRing Pro (Web3-focused) app.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them via our Telegram Channel.
We will also be moving to a Discord channel around June 15th to have separate forums for our product releases, Q&A, Beta, SBS, etc.
ShareRing Business Solutions
SDK (Software Development Kit)
- Commence work on the universal Vault SDK - the current SDK is written in ReactNative. We’ve had a number of requests for it to be released in different languages, so the team are building a native SDK where we can add ‘wrappers’ to support the various development language (Flutter, etc).
Mobile App - (note: future mobile app updates will be broken up into ShareRing Pro and Identifi Me to cover the 2 apps).
- Release Identifi Me to the App and Play Stores (approved and released by Google, but still working with Apple for the AppStore release).
See more information about this exciting release here
- Update the User Experience of the ShareRing Pro app.
- Implement the new ‘Trust Scores’. This new trust scoring mechanism provides the ability to assign a verification level to each attribute within a users vault (ie. Name, Date of Birth, or any other information).
The 4 trust levels are:
1. User added - this is for information that’s added by a user, but there’s no additional checks on the information.
2. ShareRing Checked - this is for information that’s added and ShareRing does OCR, facematch, and/or some fraud checks on the information.
3. ShareRing Verified - this is the highest level of verification, usually for NFC enabled documents (ID cards and passports) where the information is tamper proof.
4. 3rd Party Verified - where a 3rd party has verified the information and issued a verified credential against it.
- Also of note is that we’ve moved to an ‘attribute’ (data point) based model instead of a ‘document’ model. This means that single attributes can be shared in a trusted manner without having to share the whole document. This follows one of our principals of stopping the ‘over sharing’ of information (why would you need to share your whole passport when the supplier only needs to know that you’re over 18?).
- If the user's document does not meet the required level, display a message explaining the needed verification level and offer the option to add a suitable document or upgrade their existing documents.
- Add the ability to dynamically add documents/information in the middle of a VQL workflow without having to scan the QR code again.
- Add message to query workflow: “Some businesses and services may not accept this digital proof of identity”
- Modify the QR code generation process to include the required verification level, ensuring users can only share the requested information if their identity documents meet the specified criteria.
- Implement VQL Results v3 - this includes the new ‘hologram’, improved results display, and a number of other improvements to the usability and security.
- Add ability to check for expired documents (and invalidate them if necessary)
- Improve the flow for prompting to backup the ShareRing Vault
- Restrict the ability for a user to edit any information that’s extracted from a ShareRing Checked or ShareRing Verified document.
- Remove the ability to add your own DOB if it’s not in an identity document that you’ve added.
- Added a new suite of demo websites to demonstrate what you can do with Identifi Me and ShareRing Pro
- Age verification using ‘zero knowledge’ queries
- Alcohol purchasing demo (also age verification)
- Demo currency exchange information transfer
- Demo website sign up
- Demo raffle
- New ShareRing Business Solutions website launch!
- Release the updated ShareRing documentation (including ShareLeger, VQL, SDK’s, and much much more!) - Click here
- Allow client to request information based on the verification/trust labels with the VQL query (for example, you can now request name.verified, name.checked, age.verified, age.checked, etc).
- Add the ability to share images via API in VQL (as BASE64 images). A selfie image or passport image can be shared via VQL now.
- Improvements to Swap Relayer to handle some edge cases more efficiently (eg. when relayer is out of gas).
- Add ‘fuzz testing’ to ShareLedger
- ShareRing Web Wallet Extension ongoing development (almost ready!)
- Connect Dapp
- Sign tx
- Add bridge/swap functionality to the wallet
- AI Avatars - phase 1 complete. Working on App integration (ShareRing Pro)
- NFT-based feature assignment - Holding an NFT gives you access to the associated features in the ShareRing Pro app (ie. if you have the NFT, you get access to the Password manager). This will be used to gift early access to various features in the app in future, but also to provide access to restricted channels in Discord.
Thank you for reading our latest sprint updates.